Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) has invited applications from Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates for recruitment to the post of Scientific Officers (Group A post).
The academic programmes offered are:
- One-Year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates for the year 2018-2019 (OCES-2018)
- Two-Year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Postgraduates for the years 2018-2020 (DGFS - 2018)
Registration begins, apply before February 4:
Online registration has begun and interested candidates can apply on or before February 4, 2018
Who all are encouraged to apply?
- Students who would like to be part of an expanding program of Nuclear Reactors, Accelerators and Fuel Cycle Technologies
- Students who would enjoy pursuing innovative research in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biosciences, Geology or Geophysics
Candidates who successfully complete the OCES or DGFS programs will be 'appointed as Scientific Officers in one of the DAE units or Atomic Energy Regulatory Board with attractive career progression opportunities up to the highest ranks.
For selection to OCES or DGFS programs, recruiting body will first shortlist candidates (online screening test or GATE score) and then conduct the interview.
- Women candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of application fee
- Male applicants belonging to General and OBC categories shall have to pay application fee of Rs 500
Declaration of final selection list:
The final selection list for both the programs will be declared within May-July 2018.
- Dr Homi Jehangir Bhabha established the BARC Training School to cater to the manpower needs of the expanding atomic energy research and development program
- BARC is the mother of the R&D institutions such as IGCAR, RRCAT, VECC, etc., which carry out pioneering research on nuclear and accelerator technologies and industrial establishments such as NPCIL, NFC, ECIL, etc., spearheading nuclear power production, materials technology, electronics and instrumentation
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre offers creative and rewarding career opportunities to young qualified men and women who like challenges in frontline areas of Nuclear Science and Technology and are keen to be a part of the expanding Indian nuclear power programme